NOTE: This is not for CLE.
Learn proven techniques for business development:
Whether you have a solo practice or work in a firm, business development is no longer an optional skill.
- How to get in, stay in, and enjoy the sales mindset
- Ways to expand your rainmaking reach, in person and online
- Accessing cross-selling strategies and referral networks
Download the materials to receive:
1. Presentation Slides
2. Be a Twitter Scout and Make Some Rain: How to Use Priceless News & Opinion to Build Your Practice – Betsy Munnell
3. How to Obtain and Retain Clients – Greg Stephens
4. Business Generation for Associates: Start Small, but Start Now – Betsy Munnell
Betsy Munnell is a business development coach for lawyers and law firms through her company EHMunnell, based in Cambridge MA. She practiced law for nearly 25 years as a partner, deal lawyer, and rainmaker at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge (now Locke Lord Edwards), having previously been an associate at Choate Hall & Stewart LLP. Betsy is a graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Law School, where she serves as a Visiting JD Advisor. She has also consulted extensively to The Fullbridge Program, advising on law program content, marketing strategies and brand awareness.
Jim Hanlon is the Director of Client Development at Novus Law LLC in Chicago. He practiced law for 25 years as an equity partner at both Howrey LLP and Katten Muchin and Rosenman LLP, as well as a solo practitioner. In his current leadership role, he is responsible for overseeing the development of new client relationships. Jim is a graduate of DePaul University and its College of Law, with Honors. He is a former Chair of the Chicago Bar Associations Securities Law Committee.
Kathy Morris, Founder, Under Advisement, Ltd., Chicago, IL and New York, NY
ABA Free Career Advice Series is a monthly webinar series featuring practical tips from legal career experts.