Tune in to learn a bit about election law. Attorney John Hardin “Jack” Young was on the team of lawyers for the Democratic National Committee during the 2000 Florida election recount and the Bush v. Gore case, and is portrayed in the HBO film “Recount.”
In this Career Choice Series webinar, Attorney Young will discuss current election issues in our country, his experiences, and how he got involved in this area of practice.
Election law addresses questions such as:
- Which people are entitled to vote (age, residency or literacy requirements)
- Procedures by which persons must register to vote or present identification in order to vote
- The financing of elections
- The requirements for creating districts
- Rules governing write in candidates
- How the votes are counted, recount and election challenges
- And much more
NOTE: This is not for CLE.
The Career Choice Series is designed to help you choose your career path. Whether you’re a law student, young lawyer, or transitioning attorney, find out what it’s like to work in various practice areas and the best way to position yourself to get there.